Volume: stock capacity to 1/4 quart over stock
Number of Bolts: 10 bolts
Dimensions: Click here for dimensions. Check size, shape, number of bolts, level check hole location, axle rotation, vent if any, and clearance.
This Dana 44 differential cover from PML features a traditional straight fin design and a shape similar to the stock cover.
- Fins for heat dissipation and a custom look
- Drain hole and magnetic drain plug
- Fill/level check hole corresponding to stock cover with lower front fill/level check hole
- Sand cast aluminum construction for strength
- Shape similar to stock cover
- Thick walls and gasket flanges to provide a uniform clamping force on the gasket surface for a secure seal
PML offers several Dana 44 differential covers so you can choose the cover appropriate for your vehicle. This cover has a level check/fill hole well below the centerline. Make sure this location corresponds with the location on your stock cover.
The Dana 44 differential has many uses and variations. Read this pdf file on PML Covers for Dana 44 differentials for more information on what to check before replacing your stock cover.
The Dana 44 differential is found on many vehicles beginning in the 1940´s and is still used today. This PML cover for the Dana 44 differential typically coresponds to stock covers on 1941 to 1980 vehicles. Here are some possiblities:
- Dodge Ramcharger front, 1972 to 1978
- Dodge Pick Up front, 1972 to 1978
- Ford F100 and F150 front, 1971 to 1979
- Ford F250 front, 1966 to 1979
- Ford F350 front, 1966 to 1979
- Ford Bronco front, 1971 to 1979
- Jaguar (some rear)
- Jeep CJ rear, 1941 to 1975
- Jeep Truck front, 1974 to 1986
- Jeep Wagoneer front, 1974 to 1986
- Jeep Cherokee front, 1974 to 1986
- Jeep rear, 1974 to approximately 2008
- IH Scout front, 1975 to 1980
- IH Scout rear, 1967 to 1980
- Studebaker (some models)
Do not use this cover on: 2009 and newer Jeeps or GM front ends. In 2009, Jeep changed the design of the rear axles and added a vent so a PML cover will not work on newer models.
This differential cover, in the polish finish, was installed on a 1963 Studebaker Lark. Our thanks to Seb for sharing the pictures of his installation and beautiful Lark.
1963 Studebaker Lark, has a Dana 44 rear axle
Rebuilding a 1963 Studebaker Lark, PML Dana 44 differential cover and frame.
Rebuilding a 1963 Studebaker Lark, PML Dana 44 differential cover and frame, side view.
PML Dana 44 differential cover installed on a 1963 Studebaker Lark
Click on image to view larger.