Volume: 0.5 quarts over stock
Dimensions: Click here for dimensions. A separate window or tab will.
Designed for Jeeps, this AMC Model 20 PML cover follows the round shape of the stock cover and adds fins for heat dissipation.
- Drain hole and magnetic drain plug included
- Fins for heat dissipation and classic styling
- Heavy duty sand cast aluminum construction
- Extra capacity
- Machined gasket flanges to provide a uniform clamping force on the gasket surface for a secure seal.
This AMC Model 20 differential cover fits the differential typically found on these vehicles:
- Jeep CJ 5 rear, 1976 to 1985
- Jeep CJ 7 rear, 1976 to 1985
- Jeep Truck rear, 1981 to 1984
- Jeep Wagoneer rear, 1981 to 1984
- Muscle cars such as the 1968 AMC AMX-R
Check your vehicle for fitment and clearance. Configurations vary. On some CJs, the gas tank is very close to the stock cover, leaving no room for a heavy duty aftermarket differential cover.
No pictures of installations at this time.
Construction of PML Cover
PML differential covers are aluminum, which is a great material for heat dissipation. For rock crawling and offroading, cast iron and steel are strong and protective of the differential internals although these metals are not good at heat dissipation. Aluminum is a much softer metal and a PML cover would need a shield or cage for off roading or rock crawling.
Fill/Level Check Hole
This cover was designed for vehicles with a a plug on the driveshaft side of the differential where filling and level check is done. As with the stock cover, this PML cover does not have a fill/level check hole.