Volume: approximately stock capacity to 1/2 quart over stock
Dimensions: Click here for dimensions.
Check size, shape, number of bolts, level check hole location, axle rotation, vent if any, and clearance.
Number of Bolts: 10 bolts
This Dana 44 differential cover from PML features a traditional straight fin design and is about 5/8 inch deeper than the stock Dana 42960-1 cover.
- Fins for heat dissipation and a custom look
- Drain hole and magnetic drain plug
- Fill/level check hole corresponding to stock cover Dana 42960-1 and similar
- Sand cast aluminum construction for strength
- Shape similar to stock cover
- Thick walls and gasket flanges to provide a uniform clamping force on the gasket surface for a secure seal
PML offers several Dana 44 differential covers so you can choose the cover appropriate for your vehicle. Make sure the level check/fill hole location corresponds with your stock cover.
The Dana 44 differential has many uses and variations. Read this pdf file on PML Covers for Dana 44 differentials for more information on what to check before replacing your stock cover.
The Dana 44 differential is found on many vehicles beginning in the 1940´s and is still used today. This PML cover for the Dana 44 differential typically corresponds to stock covers on 1941 to 1980 vehicles and GM front differentials from 1964 to 1978. Here are some other possibilities:
- Dodge Ramcharger front, 1972 to 1978
- Dodge Pick Up front, 1972 to 1978
- Ford F100 and F150 front, 1971 to 1979
- Ford F250 front, 1966 to 1979
- Ford F350 front, 1966 to 1979
- Ford Bronco front, 1971 to 1979
- GM Front, 1964 to 1978
- Jaguar (some rear)
- Jeep CJ rear, 1941 to 1975
- Jeep Truck front, 1974 to 1986
- Jeep Wagoneer front, 1974 to 1986
- Jeep Cherokee front, 1974 to 1986
- Jeep rear, 1974 to approximately 2008
- IH Scout front, 1975 to 1980
- IH Scout rear, 1967 to 1980
Do not use this cover on: stock covers with a vent. In 2009, Jeep changed the design of some rear axles and added a vent to the stock cover and a PML cover will not work on these newer models.
No pictures of installations available.
PML Differential Cover Compared to Stock
This cover, PML part number 6057 can replace the stock cover in these pictures.
This cover, PML part number 6057, compared to a stock Dana 44 cover:
This image compares PML Dana 44 differential covers with a stock Dana 44 cover.