GM 8L90 transmission and stock pan at ATRA Transmission Show 2015
Click To View Larger Image Click on image to view larger.
Number of bolts: 15 (there are an additional 2 holes for the reusable factory gasket)
Dimensions: Stock pan is 19 inches long, PML pan will have similar length and width but will be deeper
Picture is of GM 8L90 transmission and stock pan and components.
PML Design and Benefits
PML is looking into the design and development of an extra capacity, heavy duty pan for the GM 8L90 transmission. Our design includes these benefits:
- Extra capacity
- Drain hole and magnetic drain plug
- Work with stock filter
- Heavy duty sand cast aluminum construction
We are collecting information about vehicles, fitment, and applications. Please sign up for our email list if you are interested in a 8L90 transmission pan.
We welcome pictures, measurements, and suggestions. Please email us pictures of your stock pan on your truck, SUV, or care with any info to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If there is enough interest, we would start this project in 2021.
Mailing List Signup
The GM 8L90 transmission can be found on 2015 and newer Chevrolet, Cadillac, and GMC vehicles.
- 2015 and newer Cadillac Escalade 6.2L
- 2015 and newer Chevrolet Silverado 6.2L
- 2015 and newer GMC Sierra 6.2L
- 2015 and newer GMC Yukon Denali/Denali XL 6.2L
- 2016 and newer Chevrolet Tahoe 6.2L
- 2017 and new Colorado and Canyon, gas engines (may be 8L45)
- Some 2015 and newer models of Camaro, Carpice, Corvette, and Cadillac cars also have the 8L90 but probably lack ground clearance for a deeper transmission pan.
Always check your vehicle to verify transmission and clearance. Configurations vary. Cars may not have enough ground clearance for a deep pan.
For 2017 gas engine Canyon and Colorado, GM switched to an 8 speed transmission from the 6 speed 6L50. See article in The Shop Magazine.