GM 8L90 Transmission Pans, Click To View Larger Image
2019 Colorado 8L90 Transmission Pan, Click To View Larger Image
2020 Silverado 8L90 Transmission Pan, Click To View Larger Image
Pictures of the stock pans are from a 2019 Colorado (GM part number 24274616) and a 2020 Silverado (GM part number 24278875).
Click on image to view larger images in a new tab or window.
There are at least 6 different OEM stock transmission pans. The bolt hole pattern is the same for all of them. The shape of the pans vary and the standoff pipes for the level check are different. PML will offer a version to replace both stock pans.
Number of bolts: 15 (there are an additional 2 holes for the reusable factory gasket)
Dimensions: Stock pan is 19 inches long, PML pan will have similar length and width but will be deeper
PML Design and Benefits
PML designed an extra capacity, heavy duty pan for the GM 8L90 transmission. Our design includes these benefits:
- Extra capacity
- Drain hole and magnetic drain plug
- Work with stock filter and gasket
- Heavy duty sand cast aluminum construction
Since there several different stock pans, PML designed a pan to replace all stock pans.
We are collecting information about vehicles, fitment, and applications. Please sign up for our email list if you are interested in a 8L90 transmission pan.
We welcome pictures, measurements, and suggestions. Please email us pictures of your stock pan on your truck, SUV, or care with any info to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mailing List Signup
Sign up to let PML know you rae interested in an 8L90 transmission pan. PML is working on a deep pan and a stock capacity pan would follow if enough interest. Specify vehicle and stock capacity in the Vehicle Information field.
The GM 8L90 transmission can be found on 2015 and newer Chevrolet, Cadillac, and GMC vehicles.
- 2015 and newer Cadillac Escalade 6.2L
- 2015 and newer Chevrolet Silverado 6.2L
- 2015 and newer GMC Sierra 6.2L
- 2015 and newer GMC Yukon Denali/Denali XL 6.2L
- 2016 to 2018 Silverado/Sierra 1500 5.3L
- 2016 to 2017 Yukon and Yukon XL 6.2L V8
- 2016 and newer Chevrolet Tahoe 6.2L
- 2017 and new Colorado and Canyon, gas engines (may be 8L45)
- 2017 to 2018 Express/Savana 2500, 3500 2.8L I4 Turbo Diesel
- 2018 Express/Savana 2500, 3500 4.3L V6
- Some 2015 and newer models of Camaro, Corvette, and Cadillac ATS, CTS, CT4, and CT6 (may lack ground clearance for a deeper transmission pan)
Always check your vehicle to verify transmission and clearance. Configurations vary. If there is not enough ground clearance for this deep pan, email us at: email@example.com
Fluid Level Check
The transmission fluid level check is in the pan. The level check is at different heights depending on the stock pan.