These valve covers are on special because of blemishes.
One cover, the top or first cover in the picture, has:
- Irregularly shaped PCV/breather hole - looks fine and works when grommet is in place.
- Flange is 0.200 inches in places (0.300 inches is normal).
- Discoloration on side under LET in the script.
- Scratches on both ends on and near the flange.
- Flange sealing surfaces has two small unmachined areas but there is plenty of sealing surface next to these areas. Flange is 7/16 inch wide and the areas are less than 1/8 inch wide.
Also, The covers do not have the same coloration. One is darker than the other.
The other cover has a slight dip near the big C. This is the bottom cover in the picture.
PCV and breather gromments and new mounting bolts are included.
Gaskets for these valve covers are available here.
For reference, see our regular Chevy Big Block, 396, 427, 454, 502 CHEVROLET Script, Polish, PML Part Number 9737.
This special should fit and function like a regular part.
This is sold as-is and cannot be returned.
Top view of valve covers.
Inside of valve covers.
The breather hole on first valve cover is shaped irregularly.
The flange around the first valve cover is very thin.
A small discoloration spot on side of first valve cover.
One of the scrarches on one end of the first valve cover.
One of the small patches on the flange surface of the first valve cover.
A slight dip near the big "C" on the script of second valve cover.