Volume: stock capacity
Dimensions: PML pan will be 5/8 inch deeper than stock due to thick walls and fins
Number of Bolts: 18 bolts hold the pan on the transmission case
PML is designing a stock capacity transmission pan for Ford 10R80 to maintain clearance. For example, cars such as Mustang and trucks with skidplates can benefit from this pan. Prototype parts should be available Summer 2021 (September).
Benefits of a PML 10R80 stock capacity transmission pan:
- Drain and magnetic drain plug for easier fluid changes
- Heavy duty sand cast aluminum construction (not plastic)
- Finned to increase surface area for heat dissipation
- Thick walls and gasket flange
- PML pan fits without modification to cooling tubes or exhaust
PML is designing this transmission pan to maintain clearance on cars, trucks, SUVs and vans with the 10R80. It should clear other components, such as cooling lines and the exhaust, and it should not hang down below the frame. You must check your vehicle to verify.
Sign Up For Our Ford 10R80 Stock Capacity Transmission Pan Mailing List
Please sign up for our email list so we know that you're interested in this pan. You will get updates about this project (like 2 or 3 emails per year).
This design is stock capacity and is 0.6 inches deeper than the stock pan.
Here are computer generated images of the PML design for a stock capacity transmission pan:
This is a list of vehicles that may have a 10R80 transmission and may be able to use this pan:
- 2020 and newer Bronco
- 2018 and newer Expedition
- 2020 and newer Explorer (may have 10R60)
- 2017 and newer F–150
- 2018 and newer Mustang
- 2017 and newer Ranger, 2019 and newer in US
- 2017 and newer Raptor
- 2018 and newer Lincoln Navigator
- 2020 and newer Police Interceptors
Always check your vehicle before ordering. Configurations vary and PML cannot guarantee fitment.
- Access to the stock pan may be difficult. On some vehicles, cooling tubes, exhaust pipes, frame cross members and skid plates must be removed or loosened and lowered. Video of an installation of PML deep pan: https://youtu.be/llKEEhhZ1tg
- Thin, metal heat shielding around the edges of the stock pan may need to be trimmed or removed to fit on the PML pan.
- Flange does NOT have holes on the side for blanket that wraps around transmission (blanket may only be on 2017 models).
- PML pan may NOT work with factory skid plates without modification to plate or spacers.
Stock Pan, Transmission, Filter and Dipstick
PML designed our transmission pan to work with the stock transmission, filter, gasket, dipstick and level check/fill procedure. PML allowed for the cooling lines, plates, exhaust and frame near the pan.
Ford 10R80 transmission, filter on transmission with stock transmission pan and gasket, stock transmission pan, OEM dipstick and fill hole plug:
10R80 Transmission and Pan and Gasket
10R80 Transmission Pan
10R80 dipstick and plug from the fill/level check hole
Undercarriage plate covering stock transmission pan on 2018 F150 Transmission pan is under the insulation. There are also tubes below the stock pan and insulation. Dropping the undercarriage plate to get access to the stock transmission pan. 2018 F150, driver side view, stock transmission oil pan
Click on image to view larger.
On some vehicles, there is heat shielding insulation around the stock pan and undercarriage protection. There are also cooling tubes and exhaust pipes that must be moved to access the stock pan.
Ford and GM jointly developed a 10 speed transmission. Both Ford and GM will be using this transmission beginning with 2017 models. Ford calls it a 10R80 and GM calls it a 10L80. The pans are not the same.
Ford and GM are also planning beefier 10 speed transmissions, the Ford 10R140 and the GM 10L90.