Volume: stock capacity
Dimensions: PML pan is about 5/8 inch deeper than stock due to thick walls and fins. Click here for dimensions.
Number of Bolts: 18 bolts hold the pan on the transmission case
PML designed this a stock capacity transmission pan for Ford 10R80 transmissions to maintain clearance. For example, cars such as Mustang and trucks with skidplates cannot use a deep sump transmission pan.
Benefits of PML 10R80 stock capacity transmission pan:
- Drain and magnetic drain plug for easier fluid changes
- Heavy duty sand cast aluminum construction (not plastic)
- Finned on the whole bottom (no logo) to increase surface area for heat dissipation
- Thick walls and gasket flange
- PML pan fits without modification to cooling tubes or exhaust
Always check your vehicle to verify transmission and clearances.
Sign Up For Our Ford 10R80 Stock Capacity Transmission Pan Mailing List
Please sign up for our email list so we know that you're interested in this pan. You will get updates about this project (like 2 or 3 emails per year).
This is a list of vehicles that may have a 10R80 transmission and may be able to use this pan:
- 2020 and newer Bronco
- 2018 and newer Expedition
- 2020 and newer Explorer (may have 10R60)
- 2017 and newer F–150
- 2018 and newer Mustang
- 2017 and newer Ranger, 2019 and newer in US
- 2017 and newer Raptor
- 2020 and newer Police Interceptors
- 2020 and newer Transit Vans
- 2018 and newer Lincoln Navigator
- 2020 and newer Lincoln Aviator
Always check your vehicle before ordering. Configurations vary and PML cannot guarantee fitment.
Dean installed this pan on his 2022 Mustang. For installation, he temporarily moved the bracket mounted to the rear two studs. First he disconnected the driver side oxygen sensor. After removing the two stud nuts, the bracket and other wiring can be swung over to the passenger side out of the way. He needed about 6 quarts of fluid. The PML pan fit with no clearance issues or interference with heat shielding, tubes and bracket.
Bracket on OEM pan
cooling tubes near trans pan
cooling tubes with PML pan installed
heat shielding reinstalled
PML 10R80 transmission pan installed
Click on image to view larger in a new tab or window.
- Access to the stock pan may be difficult. On some vehicles, cooling tubes, exhaust pipes, frame cross members and skid plates must be removed or loosened and lowered. Video of an installation of PML deep pan: https://youtu.be/llKEEhhZ1tg
- Thin, metal heat shielding around the edges of the stock pan may need to be trimmed or removed to fit on the PML pan.
- Flange does not have holes on the side for blanket that wraps around transmission (blanket may only be on 2017 models).
- PML pan may not work with factory skid plates without spacers.
Drain, Optional Temperature Sensor Machining
PML pan has a drain hole and includes a magnetic drain plug.
Optionally, this pan can be drilled and tapped for a 1/8 NPT hole on the driver/left. Machining charges apply. Select option in the shopping cart. Other size holes may be possible, contact PML for details.
Inside of Pan
drain plug installed Click on image to view larger.
Stock Pan, Transmission, Filter and Dipstick
PML designed our transmission pan to work with the stock transmission, filter, gasket, dipstick and level check/fill procedure. PML allowed for the cooling lines, plates, exhaust and frame near the pan.
Ford 10R80 transmission, filter on transmission with stock transmission pan and gasket, stock transmission pan, OEM dipstick and fill hole plug:
10R80 Transmission and Pan and Gasket
10R80 Transmission Pan
10R80 dipstick and plug from the fill/level check hole
Undercarriage plate covering stock transmission pan on 2018 F150 Transmission pan is under the insulation. There are also tubes below the stock pan and insulation. Dropping the undercarriage plate to get access to the stock transmission pan. 2018 F150, driver side view, stock transmission oil pan
Click on image to view larger.
On some vehicles, there is heat shielding insulation around the stock pan and undercarriage protection. There are also cooling tubes and exhaust pipes that must be moved to access the stock pan.
Ford and GM jointly developed a 10 speed transmission. Both Ford and GM will be using this transmission beginning with 2017 models. Ford calls it a 10R80 and GM calls it a 10L80. The pans are not the same.
Ford and GM are also planning beefier 10 speed transmissions, the Ford 10R140 and the GM 10L90.