Number of Bolts: 12 bolts
Volume: 0.5 quarts over stock
Dimensions: Click here for dimensions. A separate window or tab will open.
This PML cover for Ford F–150 trucks, SUVs and vans has a patterned fins and is extra capacity. This is a heavy duty replacement for the stock 12 bolt cover on Ford Sterling 9.75 (9 3/4) inch differentials.
- Increased fluid capacity
- Only 5/8 inch deeper than stock
- Fins for heat dissipation and a custom look
- Drain hole and magnetic drain plug for easier servicing
- Heavy duty construction to add strength to the differential housing
- Thick gasket flange for a uniform clamping providing a secure seal
- Fill hole and a boss that can optionally be machined for a temperature sending unit
- Hardware included
PML also makes a straight fin cover for this differential for applications wanting a more classic look or a round shaped cover.
This rear end differential cover fits many Ford F150s, vans and SUVs with the 12 bolt for 9.75 differential. Some possible applications are:
- F150, 4.6, 5.0 or 5.4 engine, 2003 to 2019
- F150, 1997 to 2003, 5.4 engine
- Navigator, 1995 to 2006
- Expedition, 1997 to 2002, 5.4 engine (check carefully for clearance)
- Transit vans
Configurations vary. Always check the vehicle to verify the differential and clearance for a larger cover. Some vehicles may have a Ford 8.8 or 8.8 Super differential.
Note to Lightning owners: Ford Lightning 1999 to 2004 have a sway bar very close to the stock cover and there is no space for a larger aftermarket cover. Check your truck carefully for clearance.
2016 Ford Transit Van
Mitch installed this PML differential cover on his 2016 Ford Transit 3.7 6 speed. With the spare tire pulled back slightly, he had 3/4 inch clearance between the tire and the PML cover.
2013 Ford F–150 Truck
Mark in Lousiana installed this PML differential cover on his 2013 Ford F150 FX4 5.0.
Drain, Fill, Level Check, Optional Temperature Sending Unit Machining
This PML differential cover has a drain hole on the bottom and includes a magnetic drain plug.
There is a fill hole on top.
On the vehicles this cover was designed for there is a plug on the driveshaft side of the differential for level check (this can also be used for filling).
A boss on the side of the cover can be machined for a temperature sending unit. Optionally, PML can drill and tap a 1/8 NPT hole. There is a machining charge for this.