Volume: 0.5 qt. over stock, approximately
Dimensions: Click here for dimensions.
Check for clearance with wheels at the stops and at the limits of the suspension.
Number of Bolts: 10 bolts
PML GM 8.5 inch ring gear front differential cover adds function and old school veritcal fins for classic work horse 1970s and 1980s 4x4 GMC and Chevy trucks and SUVs.
- Extra capacity
- Fins for heat dissipation and classic styling
- Heavy duty cast aluminum construction
- Machined gasket flange for a secure seal to the housing
These 4x4 trucks and SUVs typically have the GM 10 Bolt 8.5 ring gear front differential and may be able to use this cover:
- Blazer (full size), 1977 to 1991
- C10 and K10, 1977 to 1988
- C20 and K20, 1977 to 1991
- C30 and K30, 1977 to 1991
- Suburban, 1977 to 1991
Check your vehicle before ordering to verify differential and clearance.
We were at the Off-Road Expo in Pomona, CA, and spotted this Suburban outfitted with our front and rear differential covers. The rear cover is a GM 10 1/2 inch ring gear, 14 Bolt, PML part number 6060.
Suburban with PML rear differential cover for GM 10 1/2, 14 bolts, installed
PML GM 8 1/2 inch, 10 bolt front differential cover on a Suburban
Click on image to view larger in a new tab or window.
Drain and Fill/Level Check
The drain is on the carrier so there is not a drain hole on the cover.
This PML cover has a Fill/level check hole on the front of the cover in the same location as the stock cover for accurate fluid levels.
Matching Rear Differential Covers
Matching rear differential covers are:
- GM 10 1/2, 14 Bolt, Part Number 6060
- GM 9 1/2, 10 Bolt, Part Number 6070
- GM 8 1/2, 10 Bolt, Part Number 6082