Volume: Stock capacity to 0.5 quarts more than stock
Dimensions: Click here for dimensions.
Number of Bolts: 14
- Heavy duty sand cast aluminum construction
- Raised fins on bottom for heat dissipation
- Thick wall construction to add strength to the transmission case
- Thick gasket flange will not bend when bolts are tightened
- Machined gasket surface for a secure seal
- Boss cast into pan can be machined for a temperature sensor
- Drain hole and magnetic drain plug for easier maintenance
For information on differences between AOD, AODE, 4R70 (4R70W , 4R70E), and 4R75 (4R75W, 4R75E) transmissions, click here.
This transmission pan fits the AOD transmission. The AOD is found in some:
- 1980s to early 1990s Ford cars such as Mustang, Thunderbird, Crown Victoria
- 1980s to early 1990s Ford Bronco
- 1980s to early 1990s Ford F–150 trucks
- 1980s to early 1990s Lincoln Continental Mark VI and VII and Town Car
- 1980s to early 1990s Mercury Marquis and Grand Marquis
Vehicle configurations vary. Always check to verify transmission and space available for a larger pan.
Around 1992, Ford updated the AOD transmission with electronic controls, creating the AODE transmission. The bolt hole pattern changed slightly so transmission pans are not interchangeable.
See our transmission pan for the AODE, 4R70, 4R70E, 4R70W, 4R75E, 4R75W if your vehicle has one of these newer transmissions.
On applications where the exhaust is routed close to the passenger side of the trans pan (Mustang and some others), please check to be sure there is room for the drain plug boss. The drain plug is on the passenger side of the pan, and the boss sticks out almost as far as the gasket flange.
No pictures of installations available.
Filter and Gasket
PML does not sell filters or gaskets for this transmission and designs our pans to work with easily available filters and gaskets.
For this pan, use a 2WD AOD filter. 4WD filter wil not fit.
A paper, cork, or cork composite gasket will work well with our pan. A Ford reusable gasket should not be used with this pan.
Optional Temperature Sending Unit Machining
Optionally, this pan can be machined for a temperature sending unit. There is a boss on the passenger/right side of the pan for this.
If you would like PML to drill and tap hole, the machining charge is per hole. A plug for the hole is included.
The standard size is 1/8 NPT. Call or email if you need a different size.