Volume: stock capacity
Dimensions: Click here for dimensions.
Number of Bolts: 18 bolts (there are 20 holes, 2 holes locate the gasket and 18 holes for bolts to hold the pan to the transmission case)
- Finned to increase surface area for heat dissipation
- Drain and magnetic drain plug
- Thick walls and gasket flange
- Only 5/8 inches deeper than stock for ground clearance
- Boss that can be machined for a temperature sending unit
- Heavy duty construction
- Level check/fill hole
- Fluid dynamics unchanged, filter pick up and level check same as with stock pan
PML design this transmission pan for vehicles that need to maintain ground clearance, such as Cadillac CTS-Vs, Camaros, Savanna vans, Express vans, and trucks with skid plates.
Although this is a stock capacity pan, this PML pan is still deeper than stock. The extra depth comes from the thick walls and cooling fins.
PML manufactures and sells an extra capacity GM 6L90 pan, PML part number 11036.
This transmission pan fits the 6 speed GM 6L90 transmission. Here are examples of some vehicles that typically have a 6L90 and may be able to use this transmission pan:
- Cadillac CTS-V 6.2L, 2008 to 2014
- Camaro ZL1 6.2L, 2011 to 2015
- Silverado and Sierra 2500/3500 gas engine trucks, 2007 and newer (2020 and later models may have 8 or 10 speed)
- Express and Savana vans, 4.8L, 6.0L, and 6.6L Diesel, 2010 and newer (2017 and later models may have 8 or 10 speed)
- Suburban, 6.0L, 2008 to 2020 (some 2018 and later models may have 8 or 10 speed)
- Tahoe 6.0L, not hybrid, 6.0L, some models starting in 2008 (2018 and later models may have 10 speed)
- Yukon HD, 6.0L, not hybrid, 6.0L, some models starting in 2008 (2018 and later models may have 10 speed)
Always check vehicle configuration and clearance before ordering. PML cannot guarantee a pan will fit.
PML also makes an extra capacity transmission pan for the GM 6L90, PML Part Number 11036.
2019 Silverado 3500HD 4WD 6.0L Single Rear Wheel Crew Cab Long Bed
John noted that after 2 years, his stock pan already had some rust although the truck has never been on salt treated roads. He had no fitment or clearance issues. He did not raise the truck or drop the exhaust. He used a 1/4 inch wobble extension to access the pan bolts in line wiht the exhaust cross over pipe.
2019 Silverado 3500HD 6.0 4WD
stock pan on truck
rust on stock pan after only 7,000 miles
no clearance issues plenty of distance to exhaust PML pan installed, view of drain plug
Click on image to view larger in a new tab or window.
2019 Silverado 2500 4WD
Lou installed this PML stock capacity GM 6L90 pan on his 2019 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 truck. He did not need to move the exhaust crossover pipe as the PML pan slipped right into place. Zero clearance issues.
2018 Silverado 2500HD 6.0
Kyle reported that the exhaust system is NOT in the way whatsoever on this particular truck. He found that this PML pan does seem to keep the transmission about 8 degrees F cooler on the highway but seems the around town.
2011 Silverado 2500 4WD 6.0L
Richard installed the PML stock capacity 6L90 pan on his 2500 in his garage using jack stands. His truck has slightly larger tires (285/65-18) and he did drop the exhaust to make removing the stock pan easier. He was pleased to report that the installation was straight forward and there were not any clearance issues.
Filter and Gasket Information
PML designed this transmission pan to work with OEM/stock filters and gaskets.
The OEM gasket from the factory can be reused if clean and free of any holes or nicks which can cause leaks.
Optional Temperature Sensor Machining
Optionally, PML can drill and tap a 1/8 NPT hole for a temperature sending unit. Verify the thread specifications for the sending unit before ordering.
There are two possible locations. One location on the passenger side and one location on the driver side front corner.
Select this in the shopping cart. PML includes a plug for the hole.
Included with Pan
This transmission pan ships with new mounting bolts, a magnetic drain plug and a fill plug.
Drain and Inside of Pan
PML pan has a drain hole and includes a magnetic drain plug. Easy draining simplifies transmission oil fluid changes. Drain is on the driver side of the pan.
The 6L90 transmission has two stock pans that we know of. In this picture:
- OEM part number 24226851 is on the left. It does not have a level check tube and is commonly found on 2007 to 2019 trucks, SUVs, and vans. Some newer vehicles also have this pan.
- OEM part number 24248164 is in the middle. It has a level check tube. OEM part number 24248164 supersedes several other parts numbers for the same pan. It is commonly found on cars and some 2019 and newer trucks, SUVs and vans.
- PML stock capacity 6L90 pan is on the right. It has a level check hole and can replace both OEM pans.
Level Check/Fill Hole
Some cars and 2019 and newer trucks and SUVs have an OEM stock pan with an integrated standpipe level check on the bottom of the pan. This is usually because the vehicle does not have a dipstick in the engine compartment.
This PML pan includes a level check in the same location as the standpipe that functions the same way and is at the same level.
The level check on the PML pan is at the same location as on the stock pan with the level check.
OEM stock pan part number 24248164 (several alternate/superceded part numbers, such as 24297102).
PML 6L90 Transmission Pans and GM Stock Pans Compared
Pictures show both PML 6L90 transmission pans compared to the stock pans. First image compares the heights of the pans and the second image shows the insides.
What About a Transmission Pan Smaller Than the Stock Pan?
Several folks called us about a pan that is LESS deep than stock for more ground clearance. We will NOT make such a pan. This would change how the filter would fit and work and we do not know how the transmission would perform with less fluid.