Volume: stock capacity
Dimensions: Not available yet
Number of Bolts: 18 bolts (there are 20 holes, 2 holes locate the gasket and 18 holes for bolts to hold the pan to the transmission case)
Pricing: Not available yet, in development
Subscribe to our 6L90 Stock Capacity Mailing List
Please sign up for our email list so we know that you're interested in this pan. You will get updates about this project (like 2 or 3 emails per year).
PML 6L90 Stock Capacity Pan Development
This PML pan would be stock capacity however it would still be larger than stock by 5/8 to 3/4 inch. The extra depth comes from the thick walls and cooling fins on a PML pan.
We already manufacture and sell an extra capacity GM 6L90 pan, PML part number 11036.
Cadillac CTS-Vs, Camaros, Savanna vans, Express vans, and trucks with skid plates do not have ground clearance for our deep pan and may be interested in this pan.
Prototype parts expected at the end of 2021.
- 2008 to 2014 Cadillac CTS-V 6.2L
- 2011 to 2015 Camaro ZL1 6.2L
- Trucks, Vans and SUVs with the 6L90 that cannot use the PML deep 6L90 pan because of skid plates or ground clearance concerns
The 6L90 transmission has two stock pans that we know of.
In this picture, the truck pan is on the left and the Cadillac CTS-V pan is on the right. The Cadillac pan has a fill hole.
Both pans are about 3.3 inches deep.
What About a Transmission Pan Smaller Than the Stock Pan?
Several folks called us about a pan that is LESS deep than stock for more ground clearance. We will NOT make such a pan. This would change how the filter would fit and work and we do not know how the transmission would perform with less fluid.
Benefits of PML Design
- Finned to increase surface area for heat dissipation
- Drain and magnetic drain plug
- Thick walls and gasket flange
- Boss that can be machined for a temperature sending unit
- Heavy duty construction
- Fluid dynamics unchanged, filter pick up and fill hole/level check same as with stock pan