PML designed these gaskets for our Cadillac valve covers. Made of cork and rubber, these gaskets create a secure seal to cylinder heads.
Click on image to view larger.
- 0.125 (1/8) inches thick
- Cork and rubber composite
- Made in the USA
For these PML CADILLAC 368, 425, 472, 500 Valve Covers
- Plain Top, Natural As Cast Finish, Part Number 7872-1
- Machined Script, Polish Finish, Part Number 7872-2
- Raised Script, Part Number 7872-8
- 1949 Script and Fins, Part Number 11163
Why does PML Recommend Cork Gaskets?
PML valve covers feature heavy duty construction with thick walls so they will not tweak or bend when bolted onto the cylinder head. The cylinder head also will not tweak or bend. A cork or cork composite gasket provides a soft, flexible, cushioning layer between the two hard surfaces to make a good seal.
With PML valve covers, PML does NOT recommend rubber gaskets or any gasket that is molded with a metal insert. These are too stiff and can cause leaks or binding on the bolts when installing PML covers.