Volume: 2 quarts over stock
Dimensions: Click here for dimensions. This pan is 2½ to 3 inches taller than stock.
Number of Bolts: 15
This PML extra capacity heavy duty transmission oil pan fits the Dodge RFE series of transmissions, such as the 68RFE, 545RFE, and 45RFE. It is designed specifically for trucks and SUVs with exhaust or cross member under the stock pan.
- Extra capacity
- Follows shape of stock pan for exhaust and frame clearance
- Fins and aluminum construction to dissipate heat from transmission fluid
- Drain plug for easier maintenance
- Thick walls to add strength to the transmission housing
- Thick gasket flange, machined flat, for a leak-free seal
- Clearance for cross members and exhausts routed across the rear of the pan
Configurations vary so always check your vehicle to verify transmission and clearance. Here are some examples of vehicles that have installed this pan:
- Dodge Trucks and SUVs:
- Dakota with 4.7 V8, 4WD, 2000 – 2004
- Dakota with 3.7 V6, 2004
- Dakota with 4.7 V8, 2005 – 2010
- Durango with 4.7 V8, 4WD, 2000 – 2003
- Durango with 5.7 V8, 2004 – 2009
- Ram 1500 with Hemi, 2006 to 2016, 4, 5 or 6 speed transmission
- Ram 2500 with Hemi, 2003 to 2016, 4, 5 or 6 speed transmission
- Ram 3500 with Hemi, 2003 to 2016, 4, 5 or 6 speed transmission
2014 and newer diesel engine trucks: Ram routes cooler lines under the stock pan on these trucks. See PML part number 10304, RFE deep pan.
Jeep owners: Check carefully. These Jeep vehicles most likely have this transmission do not have enough clearance for a larger transmission pan:
- On most 2005 to 2010 4.7 or 5.7 Grand Cherokee WK and Commander XK, the exhaust is too close on the passenger side, front corner. The exhaust is difficult to re-route. A 2005 4.7 Grand Cherokee 4x4 and a 2007 Commander 4.7 4x4 could not install this pan. See the picture of an attempted installation below.
- On most 2011 to 2013 Grand Cherokee WK2 5.7, the front frame cross member and skid plate are close to the stock transmission pan and there is no extra space to maneuver a larger aftermarket pan into place.
- On a 2002 Liberty 3.7 V6, the exhaust is probably too close on the passenger side, front corner.
2005 to 2010 Jeep Exhaust
Exhaust routing may not allow for these PML pans to be installed. Exhaust is routed underneath stock pan on the passenger side. See first picture. In second picture, the exhaust contacts PML pan.
Patrick could not get this PML extra capacity pan installed on his 2005 Grand Cherokee 4.7L 4WD 545RFE. This pan is too tall for his exhaust routing on the passenger side. His exhaust shop said there are too many bends and connections in that area to modify the exhaust routing.
PML Part Number 11079, the stock capacity pan, was installed on a 2006 Grand Cherokee 4.0L but we do not know if the exhaust routing is the same as this 2005.
We have had installations on Ram 1500 and 2500 trucks and Dakotas. Our thanks to those who have emailed us pictures of their installations.
- 2014 Ram 1500 Hemi 4x4
- 2011 Ram 2500 4WD, 5.7L Hemi
- 2010 Ram 1500
- 2009 Ram 1500
- 2008 Ram 1500 Hemi
- 2006 Ram 1500
- 2006 Dakota V8
2014 Ram 1500 Hemi 4x4
Brad installed this PML transmission pan on his 2014 Ram 1500 truck.
2011 Ram 2500 4WD, 5.7L Hemi
The stock pan is shown on the left and the PML pan is show on the right. This PML pan has plenty of space for the exhaust.
Brian installed this PML Dodge RFE pan with the step on his 2011 Ram 2500. He first thought he might have space for a pan without a step but found that the driver side had less clearance.
2010 Ram 1500
PML Dodge transmission pan installed on a 2010 Dodge Ram 1500. Installation done by MBRP in Huntsville, ON, Canada.
2009 Ram 1500
Chris installed this transmission pan on his 2009 Dodge Ram 1500. He uses PML covers on his other car as well and is very happy with these products. On this truck he also installed Chrysler/Dodge PML front differential cover P/N 11046 and Chrysler/Dodge PML rear differential cover P/N 9518
2008 Ram 1500 Hemi
Customer installed PML transmission pan on his 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi. He also installed Chrylser/Dodge PML differential cover P/N 9518
2006 Ram 1500
2006 Dakota V8
PML Dodge transmission pan installed on a Dodge Dakota, 2006, V8.
In the picture you can see the exhaust on the right and frame on the left both have clearance. The skid plate is just below the bottom of the pan.
Installation done by Lavender Brothers in Seaside, CA.
Comparison of PML RFE Transmission Oil Pans
PML makes four pans for the 68RFE, 45RFE, 5-45RFE, 65RFE, 66RFE, 68RFE transmissions. All fit the transmission and the different designs suit a variety of vehicles and applications.
Left (driver) side of pan and drain hole. 11039, 11079 and 11078 parallel to ground when installed.
Rear of pans. 11078 and 11079 step down to clear the Hemi engine exhaust routing.
There are two different stock pans and two different filters for this Chrysler/Dodge transmission.
For PML part numbers 10304 and 11039, you can use either filter. For PML part numbers 11078 and 11079, you must use the "4WD" filter.
PML does not include a filter with the pan. Thanks to Eric who provided part numbers for filters that will work with all PML Dodge RFE pans:
- OEM: 5013470AB
- Fleetguard: TF15072
- FRAM: FT1223
- WIX: 58843 (kit)
The filter bolts on to the valve body. No filter support or extension is needed. The fluid will be at the same level with a stock pan as with the PML pan. The filter will pick up from the same place. PML designs pans and covers to work with stock parts without the need for additional modifications or complications.
It is the responsiblility of the installer to verify filter and fitment.
For a gasket, PML recommends an inexpensive cork or cork composite type gasket or the silicon gasket maker. Some Dodge vehicles use the Mopar silicon gasket maker, which comes in a tube, with the stock pan. This works fine with a PML pan.
An example of a cork gasket is Transmaxx 72300, shown below.
Information is for reference only. Installer is responsible for installation, function and fitment.
Inside of Pan Has Baffles
Cast-in baffles control sloshing, act as a heat sink and direct the fluid to the filter pick-up.
The filter attaches to the valve body of the transmission so no filter supports or extensions are needed.
Optional Temperature Sending Unit Machining
Optionally, this pan can be machined for a temperature sending unit. There is boss on the driver side of the pan for this.
If you would like PML to drill and tap hole, the machining charge is per hole. A plug for the hole is included.
The standard size is 1/8 NPT. Call or email if you need a different size.