Volume: 0.8 quart over stock
Dimensions: Click here for dimensions.
Number of Bolts: 14
PML designed this cover for Ram trucks with the Dodge American Axle Manufacturing (AAM) 10.5 inch rear gear differential.
- Extra capacity
- Open interior and shape similar to stock cover
- Drain, oil fill, and level check holes to make it easy to follow the 15K oil change interval
- Magnetic drain plug and new mounting hardware included
- Finned for heat dissipation
- Heavy duty, sand cast aluminum construction
- Machined gasket flange for a secure seal
- Option for temperature sensor machining
PML also makes a cover for the front differential on these Dodge Ram trucks. See PML AAM 9.25 ring gear, 14 bolt differential covers, part numbers 11118 for the 14 bolt front cover and 11136 for the 12 bolt front cover.
This cover fits the American Axle 10.5 inch ring gear differential for Ram.
Many 2003 and newer Dodge Ram trucks can use this cover. For example, some configurations of these vehicles:
- 2003 and newer Ram 2500 gas engine trucks
- 2005 and newer Power Wagon
- 2005 to 2007 Ram 1500 Megacab
Always check your vehicle to verify differential and clearance for a larger cover. Configurations vary.
Some models may an AAM (American Axle Manufacturing) 11.5, 11.8 or 12 inch ring gear differential.
- For 2003 to 2013 Ram 2500 with the AAM 11.5/11.8 ring gear, see PML Part Number 10361
- For 2014 to 2018 Ram 2500 with the AAM 11.5/11.8 ring gear, see PML Part Number 11147
- For 2019 and newer Ram 2500 with the AAM 11.5/11.8/12 ring gear, see PML Part Number 11176
Your truck may have an identification sticker in the glove box or on your driver door that specifies the differential.
Shapes and sizes of stock covers can be compared to PML parts or email PML a picture of your stock cover for assistance.
2009 Ram 2500
Pete installed this cover on his 2009 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi truck. He decided to paint the PML cover black for a cleaner look.
2006 Ram Power Wagon 5.7
Steve bought this truck new in 2006. Truck is stored in a covered environment. At 68K miles he noticed a leak on the differential cover. The original OEM stock cover developed holes. He let us know that his new PML Cover fits great and it doing its very well. And he sent his thanks for a quality made in the USA product.
2005 Ram 2500
Vince installed this PML differential cover on his 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi truck. Our thanks to Vince for the great pictures of his install.
2005 Ram 2500 5.7 ready for new PML cover
2005 Ram 2500 stock rear differential cover
Draining differential fluid with stock cover is messy
Putting loctite on the bolts for the new PML cover Getting the gasket ready Filling the differential after the PML cover is installed PML cover installed on 2005 Ram 2500 5.7 truck
Click on image to view larger.
Optional Temperature Sensor Machining
This differential cover has an undrilled boss for an aftermarket temperature sending unit. Optionally, PML can drill and tap a 1/8 NPT hole. The boss is located on the side below the level check hole.