Dimensions: click here
Number of Bolts: 15
This PML heavy duty transmission oil pan fits Chrysler/Dodge 68RFE, 66RFE, 65RFE, 545RFE, and 45RFE transmissions. PML designed the pan specifically for trucks and SUVs needing the clearance for skid plates, frame or exhaust.
- Finned to dissipate heat from transmission fluid
- Heavy duty sand cast aluminum construction
- Drain plug for easier maintenance
- Thick walls to add strength to the transmission housing
- Thick gasket flange, machined flat, for a leak-free seal
- Shaped similar to stock pan to avoid many clearance issues with skid plates, exhaust and frame
- Stock capacity
Configurations vary. Always check your vehicle to verify transmission and clearance. This pan is larger than the stock pan. Although this transmission pan has the same capacity as the stock pan, the thick walls and fins on the bottom make it larger than stock.
Here are some examples of vehicles that have installed this pan:
- Dodge Trucks and SUVs:
- Dakota with 4.7 V8, 4WD, 2000 – 2004
- Dakota with 3.7 V6, 2004
- Dakota with 4.7 V8, 2005 – 2010
- Durango with 4.7 V8, 4WD, 2000 – 2003
- Durango with 5.7 V8, 2004 – 2009
- Ram 1500 with Hemi, 2006 to 2016, 4, 5 or 6 speed transmission
- Ram 2500 with Hemi, 2003 to 2016, 4, 5 or 6 speed transmission
- Ram 3500 with Hemi, 2003 to 2016, 4, 5 or 6 speed transmission
- Ram Trucks with Cummins Diesel with this transmission
This transmission pan clears the damper on 2012 Ram 2500 with the 66RFE (see Installations).
Jeep owners: Jeeps with these transmissions most likely do not have enough clearance for a larger transmission pan:
- On most 2005 to 2010 4.7 or 5.7 Grand Cherokee WK and Commander XK, the exhaust is too close on the passenger side, front corner. The PML pan does not have the same shape in that one corner. The exhaust is difficult to re-route. A 2005 4.7 Grand Cherokee 4x4 and a 2007 Commander 4.7 4x4 could not install this pan. See the picture of an attempted installation at the bottom of this web page.
- On most 2011 to 2013 Grand Cherokee WK2 5.7, the front frame cross member and skid plate are close to the stock transmission pan and there is no extra space for a larger aftermarket pan.
- On a 2002 Liberty 3.7 V6, the exhaust is probably too close on the passenger side, front corner.
Dakota Owners and those with front routed exhaust: Other aftermarket pans have the step but not the curved relief for vehicles with the exhaust routed along the front of the pan. This pan has both. See Instalaltions for a picture of a Dakota.
Skid plates: If you have skid plates, check available space as this pan is larger stock
Diesel Engine trucks and SUVs: See also PML Chrysler, Dodge RFE deep transmission pans, part numbers 10304 and 11039.
2006 Dodge Dakota
These pictures are from Paul who installed this PML Dodge transmission pan on his 2006 Dakota, 4x4, 4.7L. The installation went well and he's gone on a 400 mile trip. Thanks to Paul for sending us pictures of his Dakota with a PML Dodge differential cover, with the stock transmission pan, and with the new PML transmission pan installed.
See more pictures in our Facebook album. You do not have to join facebook to view.
2012 Dodge Ram 1500 with 65RFE Transmission
Keith at Forest City Diesel in Missouri installed this transmission pan on a 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport Crew Cab. He used a a TRANSTAR fiber gasket P/N 72300F. He report that the install was quick and simple. He torqued the pan bolts to 85 inch pounds and the drain to 20 foot pounds. He re-torqued the pan bolts after the trans went through a heat cycle, but they were fine. Keith summarized his installation with the comment concluded his comments with "Great pan!"
See more pictures in our Facebook album. You do not have to join Facebook to view.
2012 Ram 2500 with 66RFE Transmission
Larry installed this PML transmission pan on his 2012 Dodge Ram 2500 with the 66RFE transmissions. His dealer told him the cylinder on the crossover pipe is a vibration damper to reduce noise. Larry opted to leave the damper in place since this low profile pan provided clearance.
Comparison of PML RFE Transmission Oil Pans
PML makes four pans for the 68RFE, 45RFE, 5-45RFE, 65RFE, 66RFE, 68RFE transmissions. All fit the transmission and the different designs suit a variety of vehicles and applications.
Left (driver) side of pan and drain hole. 11039, 11079 and 11078 parallel to ground when installed.
Rear of pans. 11078 and 11079 step down to clear the Hemi engine exhaust routing.
There are two different stock pans and two different filters for this Chrysler/Dodge transmission.
For PML part numbers 10304 and 11039, you can use either filter. For PML part numbers 11078 and 11079, you must use the "4WD" filter.
PML does not include a filter with the pan. Thanks to Eric who provided part numbers for filters that will work with all PML Dodge RFE pans:
- OEM: 5013470AB
- Fleetguard: TF15072
- FRAM: FT1223
- WIX: 58843 (kit)
The filter bolts on to the valve body. No filter support or extension is needed. The fluid will be at the same level with a stock pan as with the PML pan. The filter will pick up from the same place. PML designs pans and covers to work with stock parts without the need for additional modifications or complications.
It is the responsiblility of the installer to verify filter and fitment.
For a gasket, PML recommends an inexpensive cork or cork composite type gasket or the silicon gasket maker. Some Dodge vehicles use the Mopar silicon gasket maker, which comes in a tube, with the stock pan. This works fine with a PML pan.
An example of a cork gasket is Transmaxx 72300, shown below.
Information is for reference only. Installer is responsible for installation, function and fitment.
Inside of Pan
Inside of the pan, there are bosses for the drain hole and an optional temperature sending unit hole.
This is a stock capacity pan so the inside follows the shape of a stock pan.
Optional Temperature Sending Unit Machining
Optionally, this pan can be machined for a temperature sending unit. There is boss on the driver side of the pan for this.
If you would like PML to drill and tap hole, the machining charge is per hole. A plug for the hole is included.
The standard size is 1/8 NPT. Call or email if you need a different size.