Number of Bolts: 12 bolts
Volume: 0.8 quarts over stock, approximately
Dimensions: Click here for dimensions. A separate window or tab will open.
This PML cover for Super Duty Ford trucks and SUVs with the Sterling 10.25 or 10.5 inch ring gear.
- Extra capacity
- 0.5 inches deeper than stock for vehicles with clearance concerns
- Heavy duty sand cast aluminum construction for thick walls to add strength
- Machined gasket flange to provide a uniform clamping force for a secure seal
- Drain hole and magnetic drain plug included
- Fins for heat dissipation and a custom look
This PML rear cover fits the Sterling 10.25 or 10.5 inch ring gear differential. It can replace the stock 12 bolt cover. Some possible applications are:
- Ford F-250, 1989 to 2016, some 2017 and newer models
- Ford F-350 single rear wheel, 1989 to 2016, some 2017 and newer models (if you have a Dually, see PML Dana 80 differential covers)
- Ford Excursion, 2000 to 2005
Always check your vehicle to verify differential and space available for a larger cover. Because configurations vary, PML cannot guarantee fitment.
Needing a round shape with straight fins: PML makes a rounder Ford 10.25, 10.5 differential cover for those wanting a classic straight fin design and a shape similar to the stock cover.
Customers have installed this PML differential cover on hundreds of Ford F-250 and F-350 trucks and Excursion SUVs.
2017 F-250 Installation
Five R Trucks installed this cover on their customized 2017 Ford F250. They started with the PML cover in black powder coat and painted the top of the fins red to match.
2004 F-350 Installation
PML's differential cover looks great on the back of Kelderman's Screamin' Diesel F-350. The F-350 is a 2004 Harley Davidson Super Duty with Kelderman's custom designed system to lower the bed to the ground. Makes it easy to roll your bike to and from the bed.
See the write-up in Truck Trend On-Line.
Front Cover for 4WD Vehicles
PML makes front end covers for these trucks. The corresponding front differential is a Dana 50, 60 and the stock cover has 10 bolts.
PML makes a cover for pre 1999 trucks with the larger ring gear and one for the 1999 and later trucks with steering linkage close to the stock cover.
Drain and Optional Machining for Temperature Sending Unit
Drain is on the bottom and a magnetic drain plug is included. The level check is on the differential housing.
This cover can be machined for a temperature sending unit. The boss on the right side can be drilled and tapped. This is an option and there is a machining charge. The standard size is 1/8 NPT.