Volume : approximately 3.4 quarts over stock
Dimensions: Click here for dimensions.
Number of Bolts: 19
PML designed this 6R140 pan for 2011 and newer Ford Super Duty trucks with the Power Stroke Diesel or 6.2L gas engine.
- Cooling — extra fluid capacity and fins to aid in heat dissipation
- Drain plug — on the side for safety, magnetic drain plug included
- Secure seal — machined flat gasket flange for a leak free seal
- Strength — heavy duty sand cast alumunim construction for thick walls
- Baffles — internal baffles reduce sloshing and direct the flow of the transmission oil
- Clearance — clears frame and exhaust catalytic converters
Typical trucks that this heavy duty transmission pan may fit are:
- 2011 to 2016 and some newer F–250 Super Duty trucks with 6.2L gas (2017 to 2019 models: see also PML part number 11089, 6R80, 6R100 transmission pan)
- 2011 to 2020 F–250 Super Duty trucks with 6.7L diesel
- 2011 to 2020 F–350 Super Duty trucks with 6.2L gas or 6.7L diesel
- 2011 to 2020 F–450 Super Duty trucks with 6.2L gas or 6.7L diesel
- 2011 to 2020 F–550 Super Duty trucks with 6.2L gas or 6.7L diesel
- Some vehicles with Ford 6.8 V10 and 6R140, such as Blue Bird school buses
Always check your vehicle to verify transmission and clearance since configurations vary.
2020 models may have a 10 speed transmission.
PML pan for the Ford 6R140 transmission has been installed on many makes and models. Our thanks to those who provided pictures.
2015 Blue Bird School Bus
2014 F250 Super Duty Diesel Engine
Torrance Transmissions (310-378-9217) installed this PML pan on Pete's 2014 F–250 Super Duty 6.7L diesel Powerstroke, Lariat Platinum 4WD truck. Installation was a straight-forward, bolt-on operation.
2012 F250 Super Duty 6.2L Gas Engine
Ron at Lloyd's Auto in Lake Zurich, IL, installed this PML transmission pan on a 2012 F250 with the 6.2L Gas Engine, 4WD. Contact Lloyd's Auto at 847-438-6606.
2012 F350 Super Duty Diesel Engine
Bryan installed this pan on his 2012 F–350 Super Duty 6.7 diesel Powerstroke 4x4. He reported that the PML pan fit perectly with NO leaks or modifications to the truck or pan.
2011 F350 Super Duty
Steve installed this pan on his 2011 F–350 Super Duty 6.7 diesel Powerstroke 4x4.
Steve reported that the installation of the pan went real well. It was a straight swap with the original pan. There were no modifications required. He put in 14 quarts to fill.
Filter and Gasket for PML 6R140 Transmission Pan
PML design this pan to work with the stock filter. There is a filter support in the pan to hold the filter in place.
With the PML pan, the fluid level and the filter pick up are at the same place as with the stock pan. No extension is needed.
This PML pan works with the stock gasket. A cork, rubber-cork or similar gasket also works well with this PML pan.
Drain for PML 6R140 Transmission Pan
PML placed the drain hole on the driver/left side, near the rear of the vehicle.
The side location is safer than the bottom since there is less chance for damage than on the bottom. There is still easy access for maintenance.
A magnetic drain plug is included with the pan and all the mounting bolts.
Inside of Pan
PML put baffles and a post on the bottom to direct transmission fluid and support the filter. The baffles also reduce sloshing and act as a heat sink.
The filter support keeps the stock filter securely in place. The fluid level and the filter location are the same with the PML pan as with the stock pan so the dynamics of the transmission fluid pick up do not change.
Click on image to view larger in a separate window or tab.
Optional Machining For Temperature Sending Unit
Optionally, this pan can be machined for a temperature sending unit.
If you would like PML to drill and tap hole, there is a machining charge. A plug for the hole is included. The standard size is 1/8 NPT. Call or email if you need a different size.
PML designed four locations that optionally can be drilled and tapped for a temperature sending unit:
- Rear of pan
- Driver/left side of pan toward the front of the pan
- Passenger/right side of the pan, toward the front of the pan
- Passenger/right side of the pan, toward the rear of the pan
Select the option before clicking the ADD TO CART button.
PML Transmission Pan Compared to Stock
These images show this PML transmission pan compared to the stock pan.