Volume: about 4.7 quarts over stock Mopar 5013681AA
Dimensions: Click here for dimensions. Always check your vehicle to verify your configuration and clearance.
Number of Bolts: 15
This is a new product and we have had several successful installations. We are looking for a few more people to install this pan and provide feedback. Contact PML firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
PML designed this pan for Chrysler Dodge 4, 5 and 6 speed transmissions: 68RFE, 66RFE, 65RFE, 545RFE, and 45RFE.
- Drain and magnetic drain plug included
- Extra Capacity
- Heavy duty sand cast aluminum construction
- Finned on the bottom for heat dissipation
- Machined flat, large sealing surface for a leak free seal
- Clears cooling lines on 2013 and newer Ram diesel trucks
Once installed the bottom of this pan is parallel to the ground.
This deep PML oil pan for Chrysler Dodge 45RFE, 545RFe, 65RFE, 66RFE, and 68RFE transmissions is designed to replace the stock pan on many configurations of these vehicles:
- Ram 2500 & 3500, 2WD and 4WD, with 6.7 liter diesel engine with an RFE transmission, 2007½ and newer
- Ram 1500 with Hemi engine, 2002 - 2005
- Ram 1500 with 4.7 V8 engine, 2002 to 2011, check clearance on 2012 to 2014
- 2WD Dakota with 4.7 V8 engine, 2000 - 2004
- 2WD Durango with 4.7 V8 engine, 2000 - 2003
- Jeep Grand Cherokee with 4.7 V8 engine, 1999 - 2004
- Jeep Liberty CRD, 2005 and 2006 (check skid plate and see installations below)
- Jeep Wrangler 2010 and 2011 2.8 Diesel (check skid plate)
Always check your vehicle to verify configuration and clearance.. This pan will not work on 8 or 9 speed or Aisin transmissions.
Ram Trucks with Aisin Transmission: see PML Aisin AS68RC and AS69RC transmission pans.
Skid Plates: If you have a skid plate, you may need to move it downwards away from the transmission pan. Please see Installations for an example from a customer. Some Jeeps and a few Dodge vehicles have skid plates that limit clearance.
Some vehicles, like 2005 to 2013 Grand Cherokees, have the exhaust or frame near or under the stock pan. There may seem to be clearance for a PML pan, but there is not enough space. It has been tried. Removing fins and part of the pan did not help.
No installation photos yet.
There are two different stock pans and two different stock filters for this Chrysler/Dodge transmission.
This pan works with either filter style. Thanks to Eric who provided part numbers for filters that will work with all PML Dodge RFE pans:
- OEM: 5013470AB
- Fleetguard: TF15072
- FRAM: FT1223
- WIX: 58843 (kit)
The filter bolts on to the valve body. No filter support or extension is needed. The fluid will be at the same level with a stock pan as with the PML pan. The filter will pick up from the same place. PML designs pans and covers to work with stock parts without the need for additional modifications or complications.
It is the responsiblility of the installer to verify filter and fitment.
For a gasket, PML recommends an inexpensive cork or cork composite type gasket or the silicon gasket maker. Some Dodge vehicles use the Mopar silicon gasket maker, which comes in a tube, with the stock pan. This works fine with a PML pan.
An example of a cork gasket is Transmaxx 72300, shown below.
Information is for reference only. Installer is responsible for installation, function and fitment.
Drain and Temperature Sensor Port on Driver Side
The larger hole is the drain hole. A magnetic drain plug is included.
The smaller hole is drill and tapped for a 1/8 NPT temperature sending unit. A plug for the hole is included.
The passenger front corner steps down to clear cooling tubes on some 2013 and newer diesel trucks.